1) Set eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Water should cover eggs by one to two inches. (skip to step 4 if you already know how to hard boil eggs)
2) Bring the water to a full, rolling boil, and cover the saucepan. Turn off the stove, remove the pot from the burner, and let it stand, covered, for 12 minutes (set the timer).
3) Drain the pot, and transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold ice water, to stop the cooking process.
4) Once the eggs have cooled, get to cracking them.
5) Add about 5 drops of food coloring to half a glass of water and gently place the cracked eggs in
6) Let the eggs sit in the colored water for about 15 minutes. Then remove and gently peel the shell away and voila, you have cracked dyed hardboiled eggs! Perfect for making those hardboiled eggs a little prettier :)